Who doesn’t love a good cheese stuffed chicken recipe? I came up with this one Snowy January day when I didn’t want to go anywhere and only had a few things in the house. I went into the pantry and all I saw was a can of tomatoes and some pasta. Then in my fridge was some chicken, mushrooms, and cheese. So I thought let’s make some stuffed chicken with lots of cheese.
Luckily I decided this around 9 am. So I was able to marinate my chicken for a few hours, for this recipe I really recommend marinating overnight as you get more flavor. I really was excited about how well this recipe turned out. It’s simple and easy to make. The best part is you can substitute fresh tomatoes for the canned. I just didn’t have any!
Love this recipe check out my other Chicken Recipes
Tomato and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 4 Chicken Breast
- ¼ cup Italian Dressing
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Sliced Mushrooms
Marinate your chicken breast in the Italian dressing overnight. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Stuffing Your Chicken
- You can then either pound your chicken breast so that you can fold it in half or you can take a knife and slice into the chicken halfway.
- Stuff each chicken breast with cheese, mushrooms, and tomatoes.
- Place on a baking dish or sheet Bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- Go take a 15-minute walk (optional)
Enjoy with some pasta of extra vegetables. I used pasta this time with some garlic, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil.