Being stuck at home has been hard for a lot of us, and many of us have suffered with our mental health and general motivation as a result. When it comes to being at home, one thing that can really improve our day is a good meal. That’s why today we want to take a look at food.
But not just any food; we want to show you some amazing show stopping desserts you can create at home to enjoy this weekend. They do say chocolate improves your mood!
Chocolate mousse cake
Chocolate is the ultimate indulgence and if you want to enjoy the most amazing chocolate dessert this weekend you can look no further than this. This recipe can be made with or without gelatin, and you can try this recipe for making gelatin at home if you can’t find any at the store.
- 100g self-raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 100g butter
- 100g sugar
- 3 tbsp boiling water (or a coffee shot)
- 2 large eggs
- The mousse:
- 300g dark chocolate
- 450ml double cream
- 1tsp gelatin (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180C and grease a cake tin.
- In a bowl, vest together sugar and butter until light and creamy, then beat in eggs until light and fluffy.
- Fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and water or coffee.
- Add to the cake tin and bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add your chocolate pieces in a bowl on top, ensuring the bowl doesn’t come in contact with the water. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whip the cream until light and fluffy, and here you may add your gelatin if you wish. Stir in the melted chocolate.
- Pour this mixture over your cooled cake in a pan and set in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Serve with a dollop of cream and chocolate shavings for a beautiful, creamy, chocolatey cake.
Kinder Bueno cheesecake
If you love kinder bueno as much as we do, this cheesecake recipe will be the most amazing recipe you have ever made. Cheesecake is an indulgent classic, and the addition of hazelnut and chocolate flavors really brings this to the next level.
- 3 Bueno bars
- 2 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- 1 pack digestive biscuits
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 250ml double cream
- 450ml cream cheese
- 50g sour cream
- 30g melted white chocolate
- 130g icing sugar
- 1tsp salt
- 50g melted dark chocolate
- Crush the digestive biscuits and mix with butter, hazelnuts, and one Bueno bar. Flatten into the bottom of a cake tin and chill.
- In a bowl, mix double cream, cream cheese, melted white chocolate, icing sugar, salt, and 1 Bueno bar until smooth and creamy. Pour into the cake tin and chill for 4 hours.
- Top with melted dark chocolate and the remaining bueno bar for the most amazing cheesecake treat.
These two recipes are indulgent, naughty, and the ideal thing for your sweet tooth this weekend. Have fun in the kitchen and don’t forget to lick the spoon!