I love to bake and when I entertain I usually try to bake with a little flare. I decided that pumpkin and chocolate fudge sounded amazing together and come up with my Pumpkin Swirl Brownies. This recipe is my go-to during the fall months and really shines at other times of the year as well. Though I usually make my amazing apple pie for thanksgiving, I sometimes also make these awesome brownies. There is just something so good about pumpkin and chocolate together.
I used this leaf mold I found on Amazon to make my brownies, but you can also make these in any pan. I have also used a pie plate to make a really yummy pumpkin brownie pie!
Pumpkin Brownie Recipe
Pumpkin Swirl Brownies Your Whole Family Will LoveCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
1 Box of chocolate fudge brownies or you can follow the following recipe
- Make Your Own Brownies!
1 cup butter
4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
2 cups white sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup pumpkin can or fresh puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan you can also use individual molds as I did.
- In 3-quart saucepan over very low heat, melt butter or margarine and chocolate, stirring the mixture constantly.
- Remove that from heat, and stir the sugar into the chocolate.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then slowly stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour and salt; stir into the chocolate mixture.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Add pumpkin in by dropping spoonfuls into the mixture
- Use a skewer or the tip of a knife to create a swirl
- Bake in oven 30 to 35 minutes. Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.