Macaroni and cheese to me is the ultimate comfort food. It’s pretty easy to make and you don’t need anything fancy to do it. I decided I needed to try making macaroni and cheese in my instant pot, because why not?
I’m happy to say that this instant pot macaroni and cheese recipe turned out really well and is even approved by my very picky eleven-year-old niece. I really didn’t expect it to turn out as good as it did. I love creating my own recipes and sometimes they are amazing but other times they are not.
If you’re new to instant pot cooking I am so happy you have found my blog. I will be doing many more instant pot recipes and hope you will sign up for updates to see what new recipes I have.
Why I love my Instant pot
Instapot cooking is amazing. I have only had my instant pot for a few months but I am already sold. I have the 6 qt multi-use instant pot and I love all of the functions. I have made yogurt, egg bites (recipe coming soon) and so many
Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
What you will need
- l pound Macaroni, any shape
- 2 cups Cheddar Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons Garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- Set your instant pot to saute and add the butter until melted, then add in the garlic.
- Add the water, pasta, salt, and pepper to your instant pot. Turn off the saute function.
- Place the lid on your instant pot and make sure you set the vent to seal. I have forgotten this before and it’s not pretty. Set your instant pot for 6 minutes. Once the 6 minutes are up, use the rapid release to lower the pressure.
- Add the milk and cheese to the instant pot and stir well.
Serve alone or with any main dish you would like. It was a Friday when I made this so we did fish Friday. You could also add diced chicken and a vegetable to the pot with the pasta and have a one-pot dish.
Check out my other Instant Pot Recipes